Saturday, February 16, 2019

Eternal Sunshine of the Never-ending Scrap Drawer....

Are your scraps like mine, breeding on their own when left alone in drawers and shelves and baskets and bins? Have you EVER known ANYONE who has used up all their scraps? Me neither.

Well, we are back from vacation as I post this, but we haven’t even left as I write this. Isn’t the internet a wonderful thing? That means I’ll save the vacation recap for another post. See how nice I am? You can get all the yellow scrappy goodness here without having to sit through a vacation narrative with pictures. You’re most welcome.

I’m adding these fun and bright yellow sunshine-y blocks to the Rainbow Scrap Saturday linkup. I know that we’re all appreciating these little bits of fabric sunshine so much during this long and dreary winter.

First up are 12 little 9-patch blocks. I’ve heard them called Lover’s Knots, but when I look that block up, this is not what I see. Regardless, it has a lot of possibilities. These little blocks are untrimmed. Why trim them now when they’ll sit around for months on their shelf, growing more stray threads. Scraps are just like that. So, I’ll trim them when I decide on a layout.


And here are some 9.5” yellow string blocks. String blocks make me so happy, it’s just ridiculous. Especially yellow ones, because they’re so happy too. Here are my six string blocks, smiling away.


Well, in keeping with the time-traveling nature of this post, I’m off to finish packing (as I write this) and off to finish unpacking (as I post this). It’s so wonderful to be home!!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks! I do have a goal to use up my 2.5” scraps this year, but as I make new scraps every time I trim a backing, it may not be possible, just as you say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think I will live long enough to use all my scraps:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way will i ever use all my scraps or fat 1/4's either!! Lovely yellow blocks...
    Welcome home. hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made ZERO dent in my scraps even using them for my red and yellow blocks. I at least got them off the cutting table by putting them in bags by color. Let see if I get much else done with them. Love your outlook of before and after. Hope your trip was fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoyed your trip, Cathy! I am always happy to go traveling, but then also happy to be hone again, too. Love your pretty, sunshiney blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you had a nice trip! it's always nice to get away, but equally nice to come home... i just called my 9 patches Lover's Knots becuase of the backing- it was red, with knots on it. the way i laid them out did make them look a bit like knots, but the block itself was just a 9 patch variation, of which there are many....

    i'm afraid to leave my scraps to long, too, as they just keep making more baby scraps. its my 6th RSC and still no end in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All this coming and going has me all awhirl! I am looking forward to holiday pictures when you get settled again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for YELLOW scraps!!! Vacation? Where are we going? You have such wonderful adventures! I'll be looking forward to traveling vicariously through you because... I've got not time for a vacation. :o((

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your Arizona visit was relaxing and fun. We're in the middle of our FL visits and won't be home until March 10, so my RSC yellows will have to wait. I did bring a machine and some projects, but we left before yellow was announced.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home!
    I wish I could have joined you in Arizona. While you were frolicking in the sunshine I was literally stuck in my house due to an unprecedented amount of snow. It was so much fun!!! NOT!!!
    I love your scrappy yellow blocks. They bring hope of spring and sun! I am looking forward to your tales and pictures of your time in AZ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm behind on my blogging, big time. I'm going to borrow your time traveling system, I think. Your yellow scraps are so sunny and bright. Those nine patches with the dark centers are really versatile :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOpe you're having a lovely time! I also believe that scraps breed. No matter how many I use, the supply never diminishes. How is that possible? Love all your yellow goodness. Yellow is such a cheery color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zounds! I think I may be living in the same time warp as your post. In any case, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I read this post yesterday and I'm commenting today, so that's the closest I'll be able to get to your time traveling!
    You're so right about the sunny yellows helping push back all the winter gloom - love seeing your happy blocks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!