Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Good Fortune Part 3

The All You Need is Love quilt is finished (post coming soon), but in the meantime I figured I’d better get my rear in gear and post some pictures of my progress on the Part 3 pieces for Bonnie Hunter’s Good Fortune mystery quilt-along.


I’m only doing about half the quantity of pieces, and this represents only half of that. The rest are on the sewing agenda for today.  And I’m linking up to Bonnie’s Monday Mystery Link-up (two days late, LOL). Come see everyone’s progress!

Normally, Cousin Kim comes over on Wednesday and we walk (but today she was going to cut my hair), then go out to lunch, then sew in the afternoon. But it’s snowing like crazy here. Snow doesn’t usually bother us intrepid folk in the Salt Lake Valley, but when it’s this intense (near white-out conditions) and sticks to the roads, we know to wait for the snow plows if there’s an option to do so. So, our sewing day is cancelled, and I’ll just sew by myself, accompanied by Christmas music and the cats.

Speaking of cats, Darla performed her quilt Snooperviser duties outstandingly during the finishing stages of All You Need is Love. She snuggle-tested it not once, but twice.


That is one dedicated cat!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Bonnie Hunter mystery. Perhaps If I only tried to do half, I might consider it. Nah, I'll never even make that much. I'll just admire yours. Lots of snow, huh? We had snow in November, which is very unusual for us. Missed out on the last one though as it was much further south. Way to go, Darla!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress, this mystery quilt is going to be gorgeous! Love the colors you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly suspects Darla didn't implant enough cat hairs during the first snuggle. Some cats are very stingy with their fur during the winter. Meanwhile...welcome to the mystery. It always catches me by surprise because we make all these disparate units, and then it seems like there is a clue that says assemble the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, sweet Darla! Always nice to see her pretty fuzzy face. I'm sorry you had to cancel your visit with Kim, but at least you got to sew, right? And I'm assuming that Kim sewed also. What else is there to do in a snowstorm? Heck, I don't leave the boat when the temps drop below 55. It's supposed to be warmer today, so I'll venture out into the wilds of suburban Jacksonville to get to a Joanns and buy some zippers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My big dog has decided he should lay on the couch. So I bought him a new bed. A Serta no less. He likes the couch better. I know I'm getting old because I NEVER would have allow that when I was younger. It must be cold on the floor, right? I have been watching all you little pieced block lovers blindly follow Bonnie's lead to making some amazing quilt. Very fun to WATCH, lol.
    Merry Christmas
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darla does take her duties seriously, doesn't she. Sorry you had to change your plans because of the snow, but obviously you still had fun.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!