Saturday, June 30, 2018

Totaling Teal and Aqua and Turquoise....

Today is the last day of June, and time to recap our scrappy work on the aqua family of colors for the month.

The following collage shows most of what I got done for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. For more colorful scrappy goodness, hop on over to Angela’s Scrappy Saturday blog linky party.


This month I completed:
4 Bowtie blocks
3 Linked Squares blocks
17 selvage squares @ 6.5”
6 selvage squares @ 4.5”
2 Squared Away blocks
13 Quarter Log Cabin blocks
2  “lollipop blocks” @ 6.5” (forgot the picture!)
7 crumb blocks
for a total of 54 blocks

By accident I included the mostly-aqua baby quilt top I made this month instead of the lollipop blocks.

Weight-wise, I gained instead of losing this month. I was up almost four pounds over two weeks, but have lost half of that already. I’ve been so busy that I was not being mindful of what I was stuffing in my mouth, nor have I had the time (or weather) to walk outside as much as I’d like. I finally had a DUH! moment - if we can use the mall for walking in the morning in the winter because outside is too cold, we can also use it in the summer when the weather is too hot. *facepalm*  But the temporary gain was a good wake-up call, and I’ve put the brakes on! No more snacking on popcorn all afternoon. There are so many great fruits and veggies available now. Back to walking - my clothes fit better. It’s hard keeping it all together (imagine me juggling lots of balls) as I prep for my Africa trip - just one week away! - but I can do it.

My last post, by the way, for those of you who just visit for the RSC linkup, showed my finished Farm Girl flimsy and the current garden shots. You can visit that HERE.

DGD Lauren
Today is my son Shane’s birthday but since he doesn’t read my blog (what self-respecting 30-something son would read his mom’s blog, right?), I’ll save the birthday wishes until we head out for dinner tonight at Red Lobster. The choice of restaurant has become sort of a tradition, because his daughter (my DGD London) always loves to look at the live lobsters in the tank, and then she and grandpa (Bruce) name them all.....


And in a few minutes I have a travel training online meeting to attend. We’re getting down to the wire. I’ve started gathering my packing. We got the last of the large suitcases this week but are still waiting on the Tiny Tim’s toys (wooden toys) that we will use to fill a couple of them. We (me, DIL Kim and DGD Lauren) are each allowed two 50-lb suitcases. The toys will fill 20 lb in each of ours. The rest of my suitcase(s) weight will be taken with flannel fabric for the Days for Girls operation in Narok, personal care items, Instax film (like polaroids), and puzzles. On the way home, we can fill them with souvenirs - African fabric and other items bough in the markets.  This cute picture is my DGD Lauren and some of the toys and bracelets she’s made from little colored rubber bands to take for the kids we meet in Kenya. Isn’t that awesome??

Have a great week!


9 comments:

  1. My 40-something son is usually the first one to read my blog. He even comments sometimes! However, I don't think my 52-y-o son even knows I blog ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful TEAL/TURQUOISE/AQUA blocks this month. SEW many different ocean colored prints!! For some reason, I love the Half Log Cabins the best of the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful collection of aqua blocks... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your collage of aqua blocks is amazing! I love them all, especially the quarter log cabins and the linked squares. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a lot done considering how busy you are and all the prep time needed for your trip. I hope you have safe and uncomplicated travel and a productive and fun time in Kenya. It should be the experience of a lifetime and we can't wait to hear all about it.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a wish and a prayer for your trip. May you be safe, healthy, happy and filled with wonder at all you do and experience. Bless you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much going on. Your blocks look great. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy (albeit now belated) birth day to your son! I love the look of the teal all together - so cool and refreshing (especially when it's beastly hot here at the moment).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What What a splendid array of blocks and rubber bandy things. I didn't know you could make more than just bracelets from those colorful little rubber bands. Way to go, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!