I love teal, but it’s not a color that I have drawers of (a) thank goodness and (b) like some other colors. But I have enough to do plenty, and have been working on them for the last 10 days or so. Last week, I didn’t participate in the RSC linky because all I had done was cut out the teal cats to sew.
This week, the first thing I had to do was stitch them up because....... well, impatient supervisors. Enough said.
|Alfie and Darla (tapping their |
This litter will be matched with the other 7 I have for a total of 8. My goal is to have 12 of these litters. They will be split into two quilts of six litters each. Each quilt will have a red, blue or teal, pink, green and orange litter. The sixth color in one quilt will be purple and in the other will be brown. So, all I have left now is to make two pink litters and two red litters when we get to those colors.
I have no vintage sheet rail fence blocks to make this month because I don’t have any teals/aquas - any color remotely resembling teal was used in the blue month. So that quilt will just have to go from green to blue to purple, etc.... Here is a picture I snapped of what some of the blocks look like together so far. There will be yellow and pink blocks eventually (when we get to those months in the RSC).
|Feline Imperative: See blocks on floor, must walk across.|
But I do have a Dresden block this month, even though it needs the finish work. Here it is pinned up on the design board.
This makes a total of 12 Dresden blocks to date. Still no idea what these will become; either one or two quilts eventually....
Next up are my Scrappy Sampler Blocks. Although Angela hadn’t officially posted a new tutorial, she did say that the block was a double pinwheel and had a 2015 tutorial for it. I had a couple false starts because I don’t have the Companion Angle ruler (and haven’t memorized the formula for figuring out various sizes HSTs and QSTs). But it came together rather quickly after that. I may still fiddle with some of the contrast pieces on these before finally sewing them together into a column.
Finally, this is the other project I am working on. I hope to finish up all my other teal blocks this week so that I can spend the second half of June finishing up this quilt. I’ve been waiting to sew this fabric up for well over a year....
The fabric line is Aria by Benartex (not to be confused with Aria by Kate Spain). The line is a couple years old. I’ve gone back and forth over several patterns over the last year, and finally decided to just sew it. No specific pattern in mind, but I did see a quilt on our recent Utah Shop Hop with a block arrangement I liked, so I`m going to do something like that. I also have a lot more white and that lovely, rich blue to add into the mix. We’ll see how this goes.....
That’s it for now. I’m off to check out the other RSC stitchers and then prepare for a family dinner party tonight. Good times.