So, I did get some orange sewing done; the operative word being SOME.
I really thought I had tons of orange vintage sheets, but I must have sold most of them. So, from what I had reserved for my stash, I was able to only get 7 orange rail fence blocks.
Then I decided to pin up all the blocks done so far on the design board, and that picture is below. I am totally underwhelmed. But it’s still early days, and we have the fun colors of pink, green and yellow yet to come - and I have plenty of those colors. Plus I have so many mixed-color and pastel-mix sheets, so I may have to see where those take me. Maybe this will not end up as a chevron/zig-zag rainbow pattern in the end.
I decided to do the Dresdens early in the month this time. I have sewn two, but the one below is the only finished one. The other one needs to be appliquéd onto the background block and then have all the fussy middle stuff done.
This one is on the pale yellow and I couldn’t get a decent picture. The other one will be on a pink background. The orange does not lend itself to a vintage-y feel. So, I’m just going to continue along with pale pink and yellow (and maybe other) backgrounds as we visit all the colors this year. In the end, we will see how many blocks there are and what they can become. Previous plans aborted. There is a lot of that going on around here.
No progress on the Cityscape this week, so nothing new to show there. Hopefully this coming week will be quieter. I’m linking up to Angela at Scrappy Saturday. Why not join us and check out all the orange eye candy...