Saturday, January 30, 2016

Scrappy Blue Recap

This past week I didn’t work on any further projects with my blue scraps, mostly because there aren’t enough left to do anything with. That’s a good thing, isn’t it?

But I thought I would still link up to our Scrappy Saturday over at Angela’s blog by recapping what I did with my blue scraps in January.

18 Blue Rail Fence 9” Blocks of vintage sheets

8 Blue Twinkler Star Blocks for our 2016 RSC Challenge Quilt

1 Mama cat and 12 Kitten blocks sewn into a 24” square

10 16-patch blocks (8”) of blue with white/black

5 Miscellaneous blocks with 1 vintage dresden (not sewn by me)

3 large Dresdens on 20” blocks with doily and yo-yo centers

10 crumb blocks (8”) for some yet-to-be-determined project
I had planned to sew a quilt block or two with selvages, but didn’t really have enough to get a good start. And truthfully, I have to do more studying of the technique of sewing selvages as well as deciding on (and purchasing) a suitable background fabric/fabrics.  So that one will be put off until 2017.

That still left me with 67 blocks sewn for the month and five different quilts started!  In addition, I finished one quilt (see last post) and two other blocks for the Sugar Block Club. All in all, not a bad month.  And there are still a few days left in which I hope to finish up my Valentine Quilt. No pictures of that, yet.

I am looking forward to working with brown as the color of the month for February. My brown stash is limited, just like my sewing days because of a 10-day vacation we’re taking. The Dresden quilt will not use browns, and I only need to make 3 blocks of brown for the vintage sheet quilt. So even though I haven’t started with brown yet, I feel as though I’m already making inroads, hehe!

Why not join us at So Scrappy to see all the other scrappy goodness?

Quilty hugs,
Cathy

12 comments:

  1. Wow did you get a lot of blue blocks sewn this month! What a beautiful collection so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know which of the projects I like best! They are all so wonderful. Great going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome month of scrappy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a productive month! Your Vintage Sheet blocks are going to make such a sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great collection of blocks! I really like your twinkler stars especially!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 67 blocks!!! No wonder you don't have much blue left!! Love your collection of blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So may nice blocks. 67 I'm impressed, you are productive. Congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful blocks! I love the look of vintage sheets, so will enjoy watching these blocks through the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a wonderful busy month! I love all your beautiful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phew!! You've done some amazing work over the month - you must have figured out the secret to finding more hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All wonderful! Those stars sure sparkle!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!