Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy RED! And White and Blue, too!

Happy Independence Day to all my friends in the USA!  I hope you are having fun today (or tomorrow, like us) with friends and family!

To celebrate the month of July in our Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Angela has declared RED as the color of the month. That means we are attacking our red scraps with extra gusto.  Here is the first of my wonky red log cabins for the month:


I plan to do 5 red blocks in all so they will be in the center and all 4 corners of the quilt. In fact, I worked out a new plan for my quilt, which I will share later in the week when all the participants will be encouraged to share their mid-year progress.  I can`t wait!

And to show that although I was a slacker posting my blocks for June in a timely manner, at least I did them. June`s color was light blue and/or green/blue (aqua).  When we did blues in January, it was just medium to dark blues, so these were a welcome foray back into the blue scrap bin.


I am really loving the aqua/teal one above, and will likely do one more. In fact, it may replace the light blue one (below) in the quilt. The light blue just does not speak to me, and I think it will look rather wimpy against all the other saturated colors of these blocks. 


But if it is not included, it can always become a pillow or something. I will just have to put on my thinking cap.

If you have scraps (and what quilter worth her salt doesn’t?), why not join us today over at Scrappy Saturday ??

Hugs,
Cathy maroon

11 comments:

  1. Love your log cabins! I can't wait to see everyone's mid-year progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks. You just never know how the light blues might fit in at the end. It is always nice to have options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. little black and white sewing machines on the block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been having lots of sewing fun of late, and hanging out with celebs too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Reds are hard colors to mate. Your blocks are gorgeous.
    Hope you had a great holiday.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny- I like your low volume light blue block the best! it's great= and you're right: it would make a great pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your log cabin blocks are wonderful. these are always fun blocks to make. hope you have had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful prints. Especially those black on white prints. You have quite a collection. You never know how all the colors and blocks will work together until they are all together. Sometimes I piece rejected RSC blocks into backings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slowly working my way through all the posts this week - I LOVE your log cabins with the scrappy black and whites. LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the wonderful colours you're using, but have to say that I'm also somewhat fascinated by all the intriguing black & white pieces you're using in the backgrounds. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!