Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pink Scrap Quilt Blocks

Early in the month, we took off to warm southern Arizona and spent ten days there. It was so lovely and sunny and in the low seventies - mid eighties (F). Glorious!  I did take some hand stitching along, and managed to finish up one crazy quilt block (picture in next post).

On the sewing front, I have been working steadily on my grandson`s quilt and will have some WIP pictures next Wednesday. But today, for Scrappy Saturday at So Scrappy, where I am participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I am showing my eight scrappy and wonky log cabin blocks.  Pink is the color of the month for February, and I am pairing my colors with black and white.



This is actually 8 blocks (8.5” each).  They will sew up into two 16x16” blocks.  Now I have two blue and two pink and will begin with a new color next week!  :-)

Thanks for dropping by!  I am linking up to ScrapHappy Saturday.

Cathy maroon

10 comments:

  1. Love the pink black and white together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wonky log cabin blocks. I love the black and white with your colour of the month. It really helps tie all the colour business together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you paired your RSC colors with the black/white prints. Can't WAIT to see how your quilt comes together as the year progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors! This is going to be an awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these wobbly log cabin blogs. The pink and black and white backgrounds look great together. Hope you share your scrap posts on my weekly Oh Scrap! link party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your blocks. One of my favorite blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the graphic nature of the blocks. It just draws me in. I can't wait to see the quilt. Finally back into sewing and creating. House renovations are almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like big blocks and I cannot lie... ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!