1. Goal: Participate in 3-4 CQ round robins.
Progress: I am currently in four and two are about to wrap up. This will be done by mid-year!
2. Goal: Piece my "CQ by 2012” quilt and have half of seamwork done.
Progress: None, except that I’ve decided on my colors and basic design idea.
3. Goal: Enter at least 2 CQ or quilting competitions.
Progress: I am registered for one and have info and intentions of entering #2. I will be at 50% by mid-year.
4. Goal: Teach a CQ class locally.
Progress: None yet, although I have gathered some contact info.
5. Goal: Attend 3 CQ retreats or gatherings.
Progress: Have attended one (CQ Adventure in CT) and am registered for two more: the CQI Retreat in Colorado (September) and the Victorian Stitchery Retreat (Pink Bunny) in Wichita in November.
6. Goal: Take a class with Carole Samples.
Progress: I am registered for a 2-day class with Carole Samples in Wichita in November!!!!
7. Goal: Finish (or give away) at least 3 UFO`s.
Progress: I finished and auctioned off my Teatime Wallhanging and gave away (to CQI, who auctioned it off) a wool crazy quilt top. So, I’m 67% done with this one already!
8. Goal: Finish Seascape Valance.
Progress: None yet. This will start when I am done with the RR’s and first contest entry.
9. Goal: De-stash.
Progress: A lot of progress here. My old storage is gone, and I have gathered two 22-gal plastic totes of fabrics and things that
10. Goal: Sew a quilt for London (DGD).
11. Goal: Ramp up Etsy presence.
Progress: Yeah, well I have been meaning to do that. Now that I’m home from vending at the CQ Adventure, I can list the things (dyed lace, vintage lace and trims, and fancy fabric packs). Sometime.
Progress: Do good intentions count?
13. Goal: Conduct a local sew-for-charity event.
Progress: I have a huge bag of 50 ready-to-sew cotton pillowcases that I will donate to an appropriate charity as part of my de-stashing program and will consider this two birds killed with one stone. (OMG, I hate that metaphor...)
14. Goal: Blog milestones: 400 posts, 250 followers, 3 giveaways and 2 tutorials in 2011.
Progress: I’m at approximately 315 posts, 185 followers and have had 1 giveaway. A second giveaway will be announced next week (watch for details!) and one tutorial is planned for May or June.
If I assign values to my progress, I show I am at about 25-30%, which is right on target for this point in the year. But I have to admit that reading the list now makes me more tired than enthusiastic! What was I thinking?
Now I’m off to cook dinner (what a change THAT will be! But I am craving crab cakes...), then clean my studio and watch American Idol eliminations tonight.