So, above is the completed block. At first I wasn’t sure how I was going to incorporate the pink and yellow of the hankie with the violets on the cup, but I just made room for it all and it seemed to work out. I’ve used that treatment below - the hand charm holding something - before. I like to attach it with gold beading thread, then add bead bracelets to further anchor it.
In the top right corner, I used Carole Samples templates to mark the lines to stitch, then added some of Grandma’s buttons with bead tails. The flowers above it are a mix of vintage millinery, crochet, organdy and a lace tidbit. I love mixing it up!
The corner of the hankie below the teacup was given a silk ribbon rose and buds, plus beaded violets and a leafy vine. The lace above is some venice lace that I dyed with potassium permanganate.
I have two blocks for the Birds RR here to do, but one is for March and one is for April, so I will start on one of them in the next day or two. Tomorrow I have to begin packing my fabric packs and basic stitching supplies for the CQ Adventure. And I will probably make a cameo appearance at work, too, LOL.