Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Block 2 of Images of Africa

Hi - just a short post today.  This is Block #2 of my Images of Africa quilt from three years ago.  Again, not one of my favorite blocks, but those will come soon enough.   Nothing much to explain on this one; images were fussy cut and fused.  Flowers near center are silk ribbon embroidered, lace near bottom was dyed, but not by me.  It was a lazy block, LOL.   And it’s true that sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, because as I go back and study these individual blocks, I realize I was caught up in the colors, theme and textures, not in the creativity, inspiration and technical execution....  :-)   And so it goes sometimes.....


And ... a quick reminder of my July 1 announcement.  Here are a couple short hints:  there’s a giveaway involved, and some lace, too.  I’ll give a couple more hints tomorrow.

Hugs,
Cathy maroon

3 comments:

  1. It's like driving I suppose. There are a lot of things to consider at once when patchworking.I am finding this too.I'm a beginner. I tend to get too involved with the small details, and forget about design...

    I like this African piece!Love the colours!!Sometimes what we aren't happy with others love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After clicking on the picture and taking a closer look, I noticed the appliqued lady and other surface embellishments. Lovely.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!