Thursday, November 20, 2008

Long Time No Blog

It's been so long since I posted..... just so much going on, not the least of which was computer issues. Our USB port died a slow death, so for awhile it was working intermittently. That's pretty frustrating when you're trying to print or upload pictures and it changes its mind!! It's officially dead now, so I've got all my peripherals (the essential printer and camera, anyway) plugged into the back of the computer until DH gets a new hub and restores my work area to some semblance of order.

And all the while I've been working like crazy at the bookstore as Holiday sales are picking up, working at the Farm (bookkeeping), sewing things and getting ready for a December 6 boutique, and in between..... SLEEPING. That's been my life for the last week. I hope to get some pictures of some of the cute (I think) aprons and things I'm accumulating for the boutique so I can share them here.


In the meantime, here is a picture of one of the two identical Christmas Crackers I made for the Crazy Quilting International 2008 Christmas Cracker swap. The fabric is a home dec taffeta I purchased at a local Home Fabric store. Inside is a 7" tube (recycled paper towel roll) filled with "goodies" for my two recipients. The "goodies" include fabric, laces and trims, and the like (don't want to give too much away here in case Hideko or Donna read this blog!). They have to wait until Christmas to open them!

Also, I had a request from a CQI friend to show the fabric I used to make the "dahlia" on my Harvest pillow (posted here). This was a piece of fabric given to me by my friend Gerry (olderrose). I should've included something to show scale, but since I didn't, the piece you see is maybe 6-8" across.


Must get back to sewing. Will post some pictures in a couple days.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Cathy, I absolutely LOVE the fabric you used for your Christmas Cracker. Beautiful done. Could you email with how you create one thanks. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy! Cool fabric - I'll be on the lookout for that type of thing now so I can give it a try!
    Hugs,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!