Monday, November 3, 2008

CQ Block for Breast Cancer Quilt

OK, so this block was due to dear Leslie by the end of October. My excuse for my tardiness??? Um.... let's see... how about.... we all need more fashion in our lives and it's fashionable to be late. NO?? Well, the truth is that I just couldn't get motivated. There, I said it. I'm currently in a cream on cream RR, and I've had a ball with that. But I pieced this block WHITE instead of cream, and that really made a difference to me. I just don't like plain white. Lesson learned. So, I'm not really pleased with the block, but for better or for worse, here it is.....


And here is a close-up of the stuff going on in the center:


Leslie has done a marvelous job of coordinating volunteers this year to make these blocks. She is putting together a large center block, and will take the donated blocks (probably totaling over 3 dozen by now) and join them into a large quilt. These blocks have all been made from bridal fabrics. The quilt will have a hearts theme, and once completed will be donated in order to be auctioned off. The proceeds will go to breast cancer research. A great cause!

3 comments:

  1. Well I think this block came out great.
    Funny chili story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I'd have a hard time with white on white too, but you really pulled it off beautifully. The touches of pastel color really sing on the white fabrics, as do the 3 dimensional embellishments. And I know how light colored blocks are; they don't photograph well, so this must be really wonderful in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a beautiful job Cathy..you may not like those colors but it looks fabulous!!! And that chili story is so funny...what a reciepe.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my blog and love your comments!